Saturday 29 June 2019

THE INNOCENT GUILTY MIND



The elderly must have been frustrated and tired with the youths and their ways to make them with every opportunity they get to give opinion on the state of moral decadence among our youths, without mincing words they express thir utmost disappointment and disgust at the menace. Truly, morality in this generation is reducing and receding like a river sand filled at all ends.

Recently I sought a clarity from the deepest place in my hearth I have never engaged and I asked series of questions

 Why is morality decreasing
Who is to blame
Is it poverty
Is it the parents, Government or who
What is the root cause

All of these definitely have a role to play no matter how small but the extent at which they influence the subject  matter I don't know. While consulting my innermost mind the reservoir of thoughts and opinions I really can tell how huge or deep they are. Out of a cluster of thoughts Like stars scattered across the sky, one thought kept winking at me doing her utmost to gain advantage and favour over all other. Like a natural beauty from the depth of the earth...so help me God, this thought is the most beautiful abstract thing I have ever felt. Since it cost less to yield to temptation than resist it, yes,I tried but I yielded but after engaging it I discovered that it is the reasonability and force her perspective contain that I yielded to not the beauty which ignorantly thought

The best way to invite chaos is to strike a God down with another God  just because you are angry or because you don't like the face of the God.

Culture is a repository of Moral values. It contain moral codes, tangible and abstract. There is no way we mortgage resident culture for foreign one and expect morality to maintain its original and natural form. Definitely, it will be shaken. Since culture is a way of life of a particular people and culture is a reservoir of morality, then morality is culture and culture is morality. Mother tongue then is 40% of our morals. You cannot choose to obliterate the 40 % of our culture for a foreign language and expect improvement on moral standard. It's like expecting the sun to cook a pot of rice. It is futile.

Majortity of the elders or people complaining bitterly about the sorry state of moral values on the part of this generation are as guilty as the youths they are complaint about. They speak foreign language to their children and are always happy when there children say " I understand Yoruba but I can speak it" some don't  even understand at all yet they complain bitterly about the decadence in moral standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment